Job description Cook near Yellowknife (NT)
Find out what work is like for a cook in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Cooks (NOC 63200).
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- apprentice cook
- dietary cook
- first cook
- grill cook
- hospital cook
- institutional cook
- journeyman/woman cook
- licensed cook
- line cook
- second cook
- short order cook
- Date modified: