Job description Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for an apprentice industrial painter and decorator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294).
Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
Painters and decorators apply paint, wallpaper and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures. They are employed by construction companies, painting contractors and building maintenance contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls; and sandpaper and apply sealer
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Assemble and erect scaffolding and swing stages
- May advise customer on selection of colour schemes and choice of wall coverings
- May provide cost estimates to clients.
- painter and decorator apprentice
- maintenance painter
- construction painter
- painter and decorator
- Painters, sculptors and other visual artists
- Interior designers and interior decorators
- Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- Motor vehicle body repairers
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- Date modified: