Job description Restaurant Host/hostess near Grande Prairie (AB)
Find out what work is like for a restaurant host/hostess in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses (NOC 6511).
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses greet patrons and escort them to tables, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of food and beverage servers. They are employed in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges and similar establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Receive and record patrons' reservations and assign tables
- Greet patrons and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Order dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from patrons for food and beverages
- Maintain financial statements and records
- Prepare work schedules and payrolls
- Interview candidates for food and beverage server positions and train new employees
- May be responsible for marketing and advertising the dining establishment.
- maître d'
- restaurant host/hostess
- dining room host/hostess
- chief host/hostess - food services
- Date modified: