Job description Insurance Underwriter near Brandon (MB)
Find out what work is like for an insurance underwriter in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313).
Insurance underwriters review and evaluate insurance applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums and extent of insurance coverage according to company policies. They are employed at head and branch offices of insurance companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Review individual and group applications for automobile, fire, health, liability, life, property, marine, aircraft and other insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of insurance coverage and other conditions of the insurance contract using medical reports, rate tables and other documents and reference materials; adjust premiums, coverage or risk itself to make acceptance of new and renewal applications possible
- Approve sale of insurance policies and ensure compliance with government regulations
- Provide recommendations on individual or group insurance plan designs
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from clients and from insurance agents, consultants and other company personnel
- Prepare underwriting reports and update insurance forms when necessary.
- insurance underwriter
- liability underwriter
- property underwriter
- group underwriter
- Date modified: