Job description Photographic And Film Processing Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for a photographic and film processing supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Supervisors, printing and related occupations (NOC 7303).
Supervisors, printing and related occupations
Supervisors of printing and related occupations supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders, process film, print text and illustrations on paper, metal and other material, and bind and finish printed products. They are employed by companies that specialize in commercial printing or one of its components, such as binding or colour reproduction, in combined printing and publishing companies, such as newspapers and magazines, and in various establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders; process film; and print, bind and finish books, newspapers, business forms and other printed products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Review and approve all job proofs or samples in order to ensure quality of work meets client specifications
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems, provide technical advice and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines or equipment.
- finishing supervisor - printing
- platemaking supervisor - printing
- prepress supervisor - printing
- pressroom supervisor - printing
- bindery foreman/woman - printing
- bindery supervisor - printing
- composing room supervisor - printing
- film processing supervisor
- photographic and film processing foreman/woman
- Date modified: