Job description Assembly Supervisor, Motor Vehicles near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for an assembly supervisor, motor vehicles in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling (NOC 9221).
Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
Supervisors in motor vehicle assembling supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in motor vehicle production departments. They are employed in plants which manufacture automobiles, vans and light trucks.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers in motor vehicle manufacturing production departments such as body shop, chassis, paint, trim and hardware and final assembly
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- area co-ordinator - motor vehicle manufacturing
- assembly foreman/woman - motor vehicle manufacturing
- supervisor, assembly - motor vehicle manufacturing
- zone supervisor, assembly - motor vehicle manufacturing
- foreman/woman - motor vehicle manufacturing
- general supervisor, assembly - motor vehicle manufacturing
- Motor vehicle assemblers, inspectors and testers
- Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing
- Date modified: