Job description Decorations Painter - Visual Arts in Ontario
Find out what work is like for a decorations painter - visual arts in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Painters, sculptors and other visual artists (NOC 5136).
Painters, sculptors and other visual artists
Painters, sculptors and other visual artists create original paintings, drawings, sculptures, engravings and other artistic works. They are usually self-employed. This unit group also includes art instructors and teachers, who are usually employed by art schools.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Create drawings, paintings and other artwork using oils, pastels, watercolours, charcoal, ink and other media.
- Create sculptures, statues and other three-dimensional artwork by shaping, carving and working with materials such as clay, ice, paper, stone, wood or metal.
- Art instructors and teachers
- Teach students the techniques and methods of drawing, painting, sculpting and other forms of artistic expression.
- artistic painter
- portrait painter
- silkscreen artist
- art teacher (except primary, secondary and post-secondary education)
- University professors and lecturers
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Artisans and craftspersons
- Secondary school teachers
- College and other vocational instructors
- Date modified: