Job description Fur-bearing-animal Farmer near Longueuil (QC)
Find out what work is like for a fur-bearing-animal farmer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Managers in agriculture (NOC 80020).
Managers in agriculture
Managers in agriculture plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of farms. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals, marketing farm products and enhancing farms’ sustainability through, notably, the implementation of new technologies. They usually own and operate their own establishment.
- Manage the overall operations of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Hire and manage farm personnel
- Establish a marketing program
- Develop and keep financial and production records
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Perform farming duties.
- May collect data and use digital technology tools and equipment to enhance the sustainability of the farm.
- apple grower
- chicken farmer
- dairy farmer
- domestic animal breeder
- fruit farmer
- hog breeder
- horse breeder
- maple syrup producer
- market gardener
- potato farmer
- seed grower
- sod farmer
- vegetable grower
- vineyard manager
- wheat farmer
- Date modified: