Job description Fur-bearing-animal Farmer in Québec
Find out what work is like for a fur-bearing-animal farmer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Managers in agriculture (NOC 0821).
Managers in agriculture
Managers in agriculture plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of farms. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products. They usually own and operate their own establishment.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Manage the overall operations of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Hire and manage farm personnel
- Establish a marketing program
- Develop and keep financial and production records
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Perform farming duties.
- Managers in agriculture manage farms of various sizes which may specialize in particular crops such as wheat, apples or potatoes or raise particular livestock such as beef cattle, swine or poultry.
- apple grower
- breeder, domestic animals
- hog breeder
- chicken farmer
- fruit farmer
- horse breeder
- potato farmer
- seed grower
- sod farmer
- vineyard manager
- wheat farmer
- market gardener
- vegetable grower
- dairy farmer
- maple syrup producer
- Managers in horticulture
- Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- Date modified: