Job description Cropsprayer Machine Operator near Steinbach (MB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "cropsprayer machine operator" was moved from the group General farm workers (NOC 8431) to the group Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators (NOC 84120).
Find out what work is like for a cropsprayer machine operator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all General farm workers (NOC 84120).
Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry, swine and other livestock farms. Farm machinery operators operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. They are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty farms.
- Specialized livestock workers
- Perform or assist in performing animal husbandry activities
- Implement pasture or pen breeding programs
- Develop and implement feeding programs
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Detect and treat certain diseases and health problems in livestock
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Select livestock for sale
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Train horses
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- May be responsible for the collection of semen and the insemination of donor females
- May supervise general farm labourers.
- Farm machinery operators
- Operate farm equipment and machinery to till soil, plant, cultivate and harvest crops, and load and unload crops or containers of materials
- Perform equipment and machinery maintenance
- Monitor equipment and machinery operations to detect malfunctions
- Follow safety procedures
- May perform minor repairs to farm equipment and machinery.
- artificial inseminator
- cattle herdsperson
- dairy herdsperson
- farm machinery operator
- harvester machine operator
- horse trainer
- pork production technician
- swine herdsperson
- Harvesting labourers
- Livestock labourers
- Managers in agriculture
- Agricultural service contractors and farm supervisors
- Date modified: