Job description General Farm Worker - Livestock in the Côte-Nord Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "general farm worker - livestock" was moved from the group General farm workers (NOC 8431) to the group Livestock labourers (NOC 85100).
Find out what work is like for a general farm worker - livestock in Canada. This work description is applicable to all General farm workers (NOC 85100).
Livestock labourers assist other farm workers to raise cattle, poultry and other animals, to help carry out feeding, health and breeding programs, to process animal products and to assist in the maintenance and repair of farm equipment and buildings. They are employed on livestock farms.
- Feed and tend livestock, poultry and other animals
- Milk animals such as cows and goats, manually or with a machine
- Sort, brand and handle animals
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- Assist with breeding activities
- May monitor health of animals and provide care
- May prepare animals for transportation
- May operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- beef cattle farm worker
- cattle ranch labourer
- dairy farm worker
- livestock labourer
- poultry farm worker
- Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- Agricultural service contractors and farm supervisors
- Date modified: