Job description Harvest Hand near London (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "harvest hand" was moved from the group Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) to the group Harvesting labourers (NOC 85101).
Find out what work is like for a harvest hand in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Harvesting labourers (NOC 85101).
Harvesting labourers and related workers assist other farm workers to plant, harvest, sort and pack crops. They participate in soil preparation, irrigation and crop planting, spraying and thinning. They are employed on fruit, vegetable and specialty crop farms.
- Prepare and irrigate soil
- Plant, fertilize, thin and harvest crops
- Pick row and orchard crops
- Sort, weigh and pack fruit and vegetables at the farm
- Load, unload and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce and products for transport
- Clean up racks, trays, and harvest bins and general clean up of growing, producing and packing areas
- Assist with general farm maintenance and maintenance of equipment and tools
- May assist in preparing garden beds for planting
- May write daily progress reports of inventory harvested.
- apple picker
- berry picker
- crop farm labourer - harvesting
- fruit picker
- fruit sorter - farm
- harvest hand
- vegetable packer - farm
- Managers in agriculture
- Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- Agricultural service contractors and farm supervisors
- Date modified: