Job prospects Transport Driver near Fort St. John (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Transport truck drivers near Fort St. John (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a transport driver.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The expansion of Prince Rupert's Fairview Terminal is expected to increase rail and warehousing employment throughout northern B.C.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 1,570 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 66%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: