Job prospects Transport Driver near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Transport truck drivers near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a transport driver.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Transport truck drivers are important to the region's economy given its close proximity and role as a commercial link to the United States market.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 6,310 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 77%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: