Job prospects Accountant in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an accountant.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The shift to telework caused by the pandemic protected this occupation from significant job losses. Occupational growth is expected to remain stable, supported by the diversity of sectors and clients requiring services of financial auditors and accountants.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 5,550 people work in this occupation.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 35%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 90% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 10% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 77% of financial auditors and accountants work all year, while 23% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 15% of financial auditors and accountants are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Good Good|
|Parklands Region||Good Good|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: