Job prospects Accountant in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) are good in Nunavut over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an accountant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in Nunavut for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Nunavut region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other Commercial Services (NAICS 54-56, 81): 61%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 9%
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: