Job prospects Accountant in the Lanaudière Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "accountant" was moved from the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) to the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the Lanaudière Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the Lanaudière region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- The demand for this occupational group depends on the demand for accounting services. Moreover, the need for transparency, cybersecurity and accountability, as well as the need to prevent fraud, increase investments, and track cash flow, are expected to result in an increased demand for accounting documents. This could create jobs for these professionals.
- Rapid changes in accounting standards involve frequent updates to new rules. Moreover, the increasing number of these standards is making it more difficult for companies to manage them, which supports this profession.
- A possible economic downturn could increase the need to support companies with future government measures. Tasks related to grant applications or reporting on various assistance programs could bolster the demand for accounting services.
- Given the job duties, most of these workers can do their work remotely. The ability to work from home enhances job security for this occupational group, which makes it less vulnerable to a potential resurgence of the pandemic.
While it will be good or very good elsewhere, the employment outlook for this occupation will be moderate in the following region:
- Outaouais, due to a slight decrease in employment and a lower proportion of retirements
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Lanaudière region:
- Approximately 2,140 people work in this occupation.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 45%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: