Job prospects Accountant in the Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Financial auditors and accountants in the Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region. These trends also apply to people working as an accountant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the Swift Current - Moose Jaw region for the 2019--2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Swift Current - Moose Jaw region:
- Approximately 310 people work in this occupation.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 42%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 12%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 11%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: