Job prospects Accountant in the Southeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the Southeast Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Financial auditors and accountants in the Southeast Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the Southeast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Southeast region:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 30%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 16%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 6%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Financial auditors and accountants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: