Job prospects Accountant in the Southeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the Southeast Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Financial auditors and accountants in the Southeast Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100) in the Southeast region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Southeast region:
- Approximately 380 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 31%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 26%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 7%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 6%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Financial auditors and accountants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: