Job prospects Accountant in the South Central Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the South Central Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the South Central region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the South Central region:
- Approximately 170 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 80%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Financial auditors and accountants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: