Job prospects Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 850 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 93%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: