Job prospects Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified General Accountant (CPA, CGA) in the Red Deer Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "chartered professional accountant, certified general accountant (CPA, CGA)" was moved from the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) to the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the Red Deer Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the Red Deer region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 770 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 53%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: