Job prospects Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified General Accountant (CPA, CGA) in the Camrose–Drumheller Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "chartered professional accountant, certified general accountant (CPA, CGA)" was moved from the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) to the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Financial auditors and accountants" in the Camrose–Drumheller Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in the Camrose - Drumheller region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Camrose - Drumheller region:
- Approximately 490 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 41%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 10%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: