Job outlook Accommodation Services Manager near Calgary (AB)
Job opportunities for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) are fair near Calgary (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accommodation services manager.
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation service managers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 2,060 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 78%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 5%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: