Job outlook Administrative Officer near Ottawa (ON)
Job opportunities for Administrative officers (NOC 1221) are fair near Ottawa (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an administrative officer.
Job opportunities near Ottawa (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Administrative officers (NOC 1221) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Compared to the rest of Ontario, a significantly higher share of these workers are employed within the public administration industry, specifically with the federal government. Individuals who are fluent in English and French may have improved employment prospects.
Here are some key facts about Administrative officers in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 9,970 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 27%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 10%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 9%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Administrative officers (NOC 1221) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: