Job prospects General Office Worker near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for General office support workers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a general office worker.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for General office support workers (NOC 1411) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about General office support workers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 39,280 people work in this occupation.
- General office support workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 13%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 10%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: