Job prospects General Office Worker near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for General office support workers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a general office worker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for General office support workers (NOC 1411) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about General office support workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 14,260 people work in this occupation.
- General office support workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 20%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: