Job prospects Operations Director - Administrative Services in Alberta
Job opportunities for Other administrative services managers (NOC 0114) are limited in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an operations director - administrative services.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be limited for Other administrative services managers (NOC 0114) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other administrative services managers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 3,800 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Other administrative services managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 6%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 76% of other administrative services managers work all year, while 24% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 38 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 10% of other administrative services managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Limited Limited|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Limited Limited|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: