Job prospects Financial Accountant in Alberta
Job opportunities for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a financial accountant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 28,800 people work in this occupation.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 34%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 12%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 91% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 9% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 72% of financial auditors and accountants work all year, while 28% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 15% of financial auditors and accountants are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Limited Limited|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: