Job prospects Financial Accountant in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a financial accountant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 5,550 people work in this occupation.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 30%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 90% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 10% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 77% of financial auditors and accountants work all year, while 23% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 15% of financial auditors and accountants are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Fair Fair|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: