Job prospects Financial Accountant in Nunavut
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "financial accountant" in Nunavut or Canada.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) in Nunavut for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial auditors and accountants in Nunavut:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Financial auditors and accountants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other Commercial Services (NAICS 54-56, 81): 61%
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 13%
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62): 5%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 5%
- Wholesale and Retail Trade (NAICS 41, 44-45): 5%
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 56% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: 44% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: n/a
- high school diploma or equivalent: 17% compared to 17% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 17% compared to 9% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 17% compared to 20% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 33% compared to 10% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: 17% compared to less than 5% for all occupations
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "financial accountant" Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100) or Canada.
- Date modified: