Job prospects Machine Operator - Plastics Processing near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Plastics processing machine operators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a machine operator - plastics processing.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 9422) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Plastics processing machine operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 4,510 people work in this occupation.
- Plastics processing machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 73%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: