Job prospects Surveillance Manager - Telecommunications near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Telecommunication carriers managers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Telecommunication carriers managers near Vancouver (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Telecommunication carriers managers (NOC 0131) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Telecommunication carriers managers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,250 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Telecommunication carriers managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 94%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Telecommunication carriers managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: