Job prospects Hardener - Optical Instruments Manufacturing near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a hardener - optical instruments manufacturing.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities (NOC 9619) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 12,040 people work in this occupation.
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 24%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 17%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 6%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: