Job prospects Technician, Thermology And Electrolysis near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a technician, thermology and electrolysis.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 2,250 people work in this occupation.
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 81%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 15%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: