Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in Alberta
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 13,150 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 20%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 8%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 78% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 22% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 64% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: