Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 17,550 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 18%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 15%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 12%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 61% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Nechako Region||Good Good|
|North Coast Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: