Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 7,050 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 26%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 13%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 11%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 66% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: