Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 7,850 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Business support services (NAICS 5614): 49%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 10%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 64% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Fair Fair|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: