Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 2,050 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 21%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 17%
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526): 8%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 8%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 66% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: