Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in Ontario
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are fair in Ontario over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in Ontario
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in Ontario for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Ontario region:
- Approximately 71,850 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 23%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 13%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 78% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 22% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 63% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 37% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
|Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Kingston–Pembroke Region||Fair Fair|
|Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region||Fair Fair|
|London Region||Fair Fair|
|Muskoka–Kawarthas Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Northwest Region||Good Good|
|Ottawa Region||Fair Fair|
|Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|Toronto Region||Fair Fair|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: