Job prospects Information Clerk - Customer Service in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information clerk - customer service.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 3,700 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 21%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 11%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 8%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 8%
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 80% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 20% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 68% of other customer and information services representatives work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other customer and information services representatives are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Fair Fair|
|Prince Albert Region||Fair Fair|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Fair Fair|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Fair Fair|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: