Job prospects Shelf Stocker - Supermarket near St. John's (NL)
Explore current and future job prospects for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers near St. John's (NL). These trends also apply to people working as a shelf stocker - supermarket.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers (NOC 6622) in the Avalon Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers in the Avalon Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,530 people work in this occupation.
- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: