Job prospects Shelf Stocker - Supermarket near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a shelf stocker - supermarket.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers (NOC 6622) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the winter months.
As the province's most populated economic region, Toronto will continue to benefit from a high density of retail, which will drive employment growth in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 38,820 people work in this occupation.
- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 80%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 8%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: