Job prospects Shelf Stocker - Supermarket near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a shelf stocker - supermarket.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers (NOC 6622) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 17,550 people work in this occupation.
- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 85%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: