Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner near Peterborough (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Light duty cleaners near Peterborough (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Job prospects will be supported as this 'cottage country' area of the province has a significant number of resorts and other travel accommodation facilities. Some of the opportunities may be seasonal.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region:
- Approximately 2,980 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 58%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 13%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: