Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Light duty cleaners near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
This is one of the fastest growing economic regions in the province in terms of its population size. Recent hotel expansions and the number of companies opening offices in the region should bode well for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 8,450 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 48%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 12%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 12%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: