Job outlook Light Duty Cleaner in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 27,050 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 46%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 24%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 6%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 53% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 47% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 45% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 55% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 20% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good|
|North Coast Region||Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: