Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Enhanced business sanitation guidelines adopted to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have increased demand for commercial cleaning services.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 8,050 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 40%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 17%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 13%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 54% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 46% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 53% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 12% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Good Good|
|Parklands Region||Good Good|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: